Monday, February 10, 2014

Site Specific Landscape





Statement
My intention with this piece was to share an experience that stemmed from four years of living in Saint Augustine and traversing the 312 bridge. Time and time again, I noticed an area by the bay of the inter-coastal waterway as I drove over the 312 bridge. On a few passings I noticed people down there. The project stemmed from my curiosity about this location and how to get there. I decided to explore this and share the entire experience. I chose to explore the idea of a single experience or moment and how, in this day and age, we record and share everything. I felt a picture frame best symbolized the obsession  with capturing and storing experiences. This particular experienced included a confrontation with: blatant littering, death and swarms of mosquitos. The final images display the triumphant experience of finding my way to the bay and satiating my curiosity about the site.  














No comments:

Post a Comment